|1. In the 1940s, where were automobile headlight
dimmer switches located?
a. On the floor shift knob
b. On the floor board, to the left of the clutch
c. Next to the horn
2. The bottle top of a Royal Crown Cola bottle had
a. Capture lightning bugs
b. To sprinkle clothes before ironing
c. Large salt shaker
3. Why was having milk delivered a problem in
a. Cows got cold and wouldn't produce milk
b. Ice on highways forced delivery by dog sled
c.. Milkmen left deliveries outside of front doors and
4. What was the popular chewing gum named for a game of
5. What method did women use to look as if they were wearing
b. Leg painting
c. Wearing slacks
6. What postwar car turned automotive design on its ear when
b. Nash Metro
7. Which was a popular candy when you were a kid?
a. Strips of dried peanut butter
b. Chocolate licorice bars
c. Wax coke-shaped bottles with colored sugar water inside
8. How was Butch wax used?
a. To stiffen a flat-top haircut so it stood up
b. To make floors shiny and prevent scuffing
c. On the wheels of roller skates to prevent rust
9. Before inline skates, how did you keep your roller skates
a. With clamps, tightened by a skate key
b. Woven straps that crossed the foot
c. Long pieces of twine
10. As a kid, what was considered the best way to reach a
a. Consider all the facts
b. Ask Mom
11. What was the most dreaded disease in the 1940's?
2. "I'll be down to get you in a ________, Honey"
13. What was the name of Caroline Kennedy's pet pony?
a. Old Blue
14. What was a Duck-and-Cover Drill?
a. Part of the game of hide and seek
b. What you did when your Mom called you in to do chores
c. Hiding under your desk, and covering your head with your
15. What was the name of the Indian Princess on
a. Princess Summerfallwinterspring
b. Princess Sacajawea
c. Princess Moonshadow
16. What did all the really savvy students do when
a.. Immediately sniffed the purple ink
b. Made paper airplanes to see who could sail theirs out the
c. Wrote another pupil's name on the top, to avoid your
17. Why did your Mom shop in stores that gave Green Stamps
a. To keep you out of mischief by licking the backs, which
b. They could be put in special books and redeemed for
c. They were given to the kids to be used as stick-on
18. Praise the Lord, and pass the _________?
19. What was the name of the singing group that made the
a. The Ink Spots
b. The Supremes
c. The Esquires
20. Who left his heart in San Francisco?
a. Tony Bennett
b. Xavier Cugat
c. George Gershwin
1. b) On the floor, to the left of the clutch. Hand controls,
2. b) To sprinkle clothes before ironing. Who had
3. c) Cold weather caused the milk to freeze and
4. a) Blackjack Gum.
5. b) Special makeup was applied, followed by drawing a seam
6. a) 1946 Studebaker.
7. c) Wax coke bottles containing super-sweet colored water.
8. a) Wax for your flat top (butch) haircut.
9. a) With clamps, tightened by a skate key, which you wore
10. c) Eeny-meeny-miney-mo.
11. c) Polio. In beginning of August, swimming pools were
12.. b) Taxi. Better be ready by half-past eight!
13. c) Macaroni.
14. c) Hiding under your desk, and covering your head with
15. a) Princess Summerfallwinterspring.
16. a) Immediately sniffed the purple. Some liked
17. b) Put in a special stamp book, they could be
18. c) Ammunition, and we'll all be free.
19. a) The Inkspots.
20. a) Tony Bennett
17- 20 correct: You are not only older than dirt, but
12 -16 correct: Not quite dirt yet, but your mind is
0 -11 correct: You are a sad excuse for a geezer or you are